How do you get money?
Time Bandit – Part 1: Appendages of the Machine
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
A Game That Takes Time
Welcome to the world of Time Bandit, a who̴͊leso̶̬̙̍me real-time adventure game where things move at a slower pace. You have a new job that involves moving boxes and starting other tasks that take time--sometimes what seems suspiciously like TOO much time.
Make your choices carefully, because everything you start will take time to finish--just like in real life. You can multitask and go work on other puzzles while you wait, or just save the game and come back later. Time continues to pass while you're not playing.
Manage Your Resources Over Time
The company hired you to carefully manage your money and fuel while solving puzzles slowly over time to collect the time crystals for them. But soon you start to suspect there might be a dark secret behind the company's activities.
Steal the Time Crystals?
The choice is yours: Do you continue to give the time crystals that you find to the company for a small bonus? Or, after spending all that time collecting them, do you try to sneak the time crystals out of your workplace to sell them for more money? The stakes are high: every crystal they catch you trying to steal is lost permanently.
Everything Is Affected by the Passage of Time
- The company's security guards and cameras are watching. But perhaps it's easier to get away with sneaking around at certain times of day...
- Work shifts tied to the actual time of day that change the consequences of getting caught. If you're on shift, it's OK to be seen by guards, unless you're trying to steal a time crystal. If you're off shift, you definitely want to avoid being seen.
- Keep an eye on your energy meter. It goes down slowly while you play, and certain actions will deplete it more quickly. Swallow an energy pill or get some good sleep back home at your apartment to fill it back up.
- A story that unfolds slowly in real time over the course of days and weeks of playtime.
- A real-time day-and-night cycle, location-based weather, and music that changes dynamically with the time of day.
A Story With a Dark Secret
You slowly learn that the company's extraordinarily wealthy CEO and shareholders plan to use the time crystals to ẗ̵̤̪̻͙̭́͌͘͠ą̸͇͇̱̙͕͙̮͌͒̀̆̌͐̉k̷͔̗͚̰̣̠̜̀͛̓̎͛̇͜͝͠è̶̹̞̳̱͌̚ ̷̙͕̲͕͐̇̓c̶͖̭̳̘͉̿̋͘̚ő̸̲͙̫̀̆̈͛n̶͎̓̇ţ̴̦̯̙̻̙͕̮̇̿͌̇ŗ̷̦͗̇ȍ̶̝̘̲̤͎͉̦̈́̆͒̅l̴̦̹̍̅̑ ̴̦̫̣̘͚̼͑̑̈̄̑̋̏o̴̰͇̺̹̥͔̽̎͝f̵̗̳̟͕̜͍̖̤͝ ████ in order to m̴͉̬̠̅̐̔̆̃͝á̷̧̭̣̳̥͐̆͊͋̆͗̕k̴̹͍̫̹̮̝̃̆͋̄è̷̼͕̯̻̍ ̶̤̦̮̐̌̆̅͘ỹ̶͇̥͈̄̋̿͗͜͝o̸̖̫͍̅͑̋͝ͅṷ̸͂̃ ̸̳̳̠̯͆███ ̴̛͔͐̈́̕̚͝f̴̨͉̬̯́͂̒̀̏͒͘ổ̶̥̖͑̄r̷̡̖̖̖͓̤͒́̉̄͐̆̽̓ ̵̞̼̾̿͜ͅt̵̢͕̠̫̹̯͕̰̐́̀h̷͍̺̹͈̺̭̞̺̏̆̑ę̷̪̞͐͘m̸͍͕̊̑̆̆́̕͘ ̴̲͓͓̩̼͙̫̈̑͋́̔̎██████.
Uncover a dark but absurd conspiracy in lowpoly cutscenes and radio conversations inspired by retro cinematic games.
Find out how your time is being stolen from you--and how you can fight to take it back.
Join Time Bandit's Discord community! https://discord.gg/vhue5NtN39
|Jul 24, 2023
|Experimental, Idle, Life Simulation, Low-poly, Management, Narrative, Real-Time, Stealth, Story Rich
|A few minutes
|Keyboard, Gamepad (any)
|Steam, Discord, Twitter, YouTube
|Games of the Week: Labor, Cute Labor, an...
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Any chance of a Linux version?
There's a pretty severe bug with the camera after I started a forklift on a crate. The crate is inside the main warehouse area, across the second bridge on the left that you get scolded for building a bridge on if you disobey.
You'll see that I can walk out of frame and the camera doesn't follow me. I have to feel my way out of the warehouse to get the camera to reset so that it works normally again.